Saturday, April 27, 2013

X

Xeric

This was a tough one.  There isn't even a whole page of X words in the dictionary. The only letter I had to look in the dictionary for inspiration.

I thought of discussing the X chromosome but then found a word that I could actually write something I cared about.

Xeric adj. low or deficient in moisture for the support of life.  

I honestly Love water.  My thirst is never as quenched as when I drink water.

However I am thought unusual and my penchant for drinking water is not catching with my family, friends and co-workers.  But it should be.  Our bodies need water and many people do not drink enough.  In fact, many people confuse being thirsty with being hungry.

Please pay attention, keep a log if that is what you need to do, to how much water you drink.  You will most likely find that you are not drinking near enough- soda and coffee do not count.

When you think you are hungry drink a glass of water first.  If you still feel hungry then by all means eat.  You may realize that in some cases you were just thirsty.

Swap out some of your other drinks for water to make sure you at least get in the recommended allotment of  64 oz a day.  That is not a lot.  A bottle of water is a little more than two 8 oz glasses.

I hope that you learned a new word today, as I did, and that you will increase you water intake.

Cheers!

6 comments:

  1. Hello from a fellow writer who is stopping by from the A-Z. X was a tough letter, wasn't it! I'm with you about drinking lots of water. Drinking a lot of it also helps wash toxins out of your system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy,

      X and Z certainly had the least words to choose from. I hope you enjoyed the challenge. I find that I drink enough at work but not on the weekends when I am out in the sun or drinking and really should be.

      Delete
  2. Great word and a good reminder! New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a good reminder for me. I never drink enough water.... maybe 2-3 glass/day.

    -Fellow blogger from A to Z! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always find it a struggle to drink enough water! But yes, it is important! And I learnt a new word.

    Rinelle Grey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rinelle,

    i like your X is for ten idea, because it is and I never thought of that. Great job.

    ReplyDelete