Friday, April 26, 2013


W

Weakness

Everyone knows what their strengths are but few people examine their weaknesses.  Take time to work on the areas in which you are not confident.  Practice with friends, take a class, and join a group.  Most people have a fear of public speaking- join Toast Masters to gain this skill and make new friends.

Weaknesses are an opportunity for growth.   Why pass up an opportunity to challenge yourself?  The more you keep learning and growing the better off you are and the more interesting your life is.   Research shows this will help stave off Alzheimer’s as well.

What weakness are you going to work on?

I will be working on patience with my loved ones and organization.  

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea that weaknesses are the opportunity for growth. Thank you for that! I'm forever going to keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely public speaking for me. Also, I need to trust more in my ability as a writer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm another one who admits to not liking public speaking. But personally, there's nothing that public speaking is going to get me that makes it worth my while at this point. I don't see any point in learning public speaking just to prove that I can, and that I don't have any weakness. If there was something I wanted enough and it required public speaking, then I'd learn to do it.

    I think we all have strengths and weaknesses, and we always will. I do learn to work with these, and figure out when one is holding me back from something I want. Then I'm willing to do something about it. Otherwise, I'm happy to be who I am.

    Rinelle Grey

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is good advice that I don't necessarily think about on a broader level. I might think about my weakness say at my job, but not at a LIFE level. I'll now be thinking about this!

    ReplyDelete