Monday, April 22, 2013



S

Sleep

It is amazing how many negative effects lack of sleep has on your body.

We all know we do not perform our best when we are tired but aside from the obvious side effects we observe there are side effects that you may not be aware of.

Short term effects include forgetfulness, slow reaction time, lack of sex drive, and impaired judgment.

Long term effects include aging skin, symptoms of depression, increased risk of death, increased obesity and serious health problems.

The article in the link below describes 10 side effects due to lack of sleep; a few of which I have listed here.

6 comments:

  1. I really don't do well on lack of sleep. Although I did read an interesting article recently that said writing when you're tired can be useful, because your tend to be less critical of your work.

    Rinelle Grey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did just read something similar in the Wall Street Journal about tapping into your creativity.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Mmm that last comment was interesting. I find it hard to focus when I'm tired. I'm one of those unfortunate people who suffers with disturbed sleep. I'm always running on empty but somehow I get by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need my 7-8 hours sleep. Can fudge a little, but then...I'm not too nice to be around:) Hi. New member here. I live and write in Eastern Washington (we have seasons here!)...almost done with YA novel and so ready to start something new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love WA. We have spent Thanksgiving in Seattle a few times and I love the outdoor activities.

      Congratulations on being so close to finishing your YA novel. Is this your first?

      Delete
  4. I work overnight shifts once a week, so my sleep cycle gets a little.... weird.

    I do some of my best writing on night shifts, though. Probably something to do with the 'less critical' bit that Rinelle Grey mentioned.

    Lyre @ Lyre's Musings #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete