Saturday, April 25, 2015

A to Z - V




For my A to Z Challenge theme I will be posting items that are no longer with us or are close to becoming extinct.

These are great items to use if you are trying to set a time period in your story or to stay away from if you want your story to be timeless.

I'm having so much fun wracking my brain for items that have existed in my life time. I hope you are enjoying these items as much as I am. 


Vio - I had never actually heard of this product and probably with good reason.
dek
Vio
Coke labeled it a"vibrancy drink."  What does that mean?  Vio is carbonated flavored milk.  Which sounds truly gross. In 2009 market tests in locations including New York, shockingly, it failed to find broad appeal.

22. View-Master:

Viewmaster- As a kid this was so cool. The round disks had photos on them, you put them in the Viewmaster pulled down the little lever and the disk spun and you viewed an image on the disk.  I still see them sometimes at state parks but I don't think they can compete with all the technology kids have. A viewmaster is going to lose to a tablet anytime.

VCRs and video tapes- These bulky tapes and machines have been replaced by disks.
Video Discs- these are the only disks that did not survive. These discs were the size of old records, full length albums.

ValuJet Airlines (1993 - 1997)

Thanks for visiting.
Happy Writing!

9 comments:

  1. Viewmasters. The image of me sitting in the car, looking through our viewmaster, while the parents are in the grocery store, has popped in my head. What I liked the most was hearing that sliding sounding as I pulled the lever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that your favorite memory of the viewmaster was not the image but the sound. I loved flicking that lever too.

      Delete
  2. Carbonated milk? ICK! I loved Viewmasters as a kid. My grandparents had one. The colors were so bright--brighter than TV at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true about TV quality not being good. I loved my viewmaster too.

      Delete
  3. I had one of Those as a kid. Wow. Haven't thought of that in ages. Pretty sure my older brothers broke it. Viewmaster was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fizzy milk? Hmm, trying to imagine that. Can see why it didn't get off the ground!

    That was one short lived airline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved my Viewmaster! Sigh. Good times. Thankfully I never had the "pleasure" of tasting Vio. I can't imagine why it failed...


    Scribbles From Jenn - Visiting from the A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. We still have many old VHS tapes. I was just telling my hubby that we need a new VHS player because I want to watch my Disney movies!
    Katie @TheCyborgMom

    ReplyDelete