Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy Saint Patrick's Day



Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday.

I am actually Irish and spent Sunday with friends who were talking about making corned beef and cabbage.  Not something I have ever eaten.  Now my dad is the Irish one and in true 1950's fashion he never cooked, he would grill what my mom told him to but he never planned and cooked a meal.  Which may be why I had a dearth of Irish food in my upbringing.  Mom cooked and mom is Italian- so fear not I was always well fed; just not Irish food.

As an adult I have tried to cook Irish dishes and add them to our diet but none of them have stuck. I do make an Irish Soda Bread every Saint Patrick's day and have one cooking in the oven now.  I bought Kerrygold butter and blueberry preserves to spread on the slices.  My kids are really looking forward to it as am I.

I do not own any green work appropriate clothing so I will not sport the colors tomorrow but I sincerely doubt anyone will pinch the HR Manager so I think I'll be fine.  Plus, I feel having red hair and freckles is really enough to give me a pass on having to prove I am Irish.

Have a safe and wonderful holiday my Irish and Irish for a day comrades!

No comments:

Post a Comment