Thursday, August 18, 2016

Three Weeks





It's been three weeks today since I submitted my manuscript to an agent. This was not a blind submission, he asked to see the full manuscripts for two books. Yeah! I still get excited saying that.

Knowing that it is two full manuscripts I figure I should give him a month before I try to contact him again.  I was thinking just a quick remember me email.  I don't want to let it go too long and have him think that I am not interested or lack drive and follow up.

Is a month too long to wait?  It's been a bit tough on me but from his perspective when you are busy at work a month can just fly by with that pile sitting on the corner of your desk growing.

What do you guys think?  What is the best next step and when should I make it?

I'd love advice from anyone who's been through this before.

Thanks.

Happy Writing
KAT                            

4 comments:

  1. Usually on the agents web sites I see they want 6-8 to read a whole manuscript so I might wait at least that long. A month isn't a lot of time to read 2 whole books in light of how many other things an agent has to read in that same time frame. Congrats on the request :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcy, I am amazed at how the obvious escapes me sometimes. I re-checked their website and it states 30 days. Which is why that was probably stuck in my head.
      Thank you for the advice and the congratulations. I'm still pretty stoked.
      Have a great weekend. Good luck with your revising.

      Delete
  2. A request for two - that's great.
    Marcy's right. With two manuscripts, I'd give him the full eight weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sage advice. My family and friends not in the business were pushing me to send him a gentle reminder email.
      Have a great weekend.

      Delete