Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Community of Writers

I am in love with the community of writers, and so happy to be a part of this esteemed group.

As a community I have never been a part of any group where everyone was so helpful, open and giving of themselves and their time.  No one is stingy with their knowledge, in fact the second we learn something we all want to share it with others.

Last week I went to a seminar about revisions hosted by CBW-LA.  Carmen Rodrigues was the speaker and she unselfishly shared her knowledge of what it takes to get her books ready for publication.
Today I am going to a critique session for query letters.  I can't wait to hear honest and helpful opinions on my letter.

Samantha Combs has great information on her blog about writing query letters.  She is a wonderful speaker I highly recommend seeing her if you have the opportunity.

It may be hard to be published but I am having so much fun writing and learning with the most wonderful group of people I have ever met- I don't mind the time or effort it is going to take to get there.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me so far!

Nutschell Windsor - TheWritingNut.com
Samantha Combs - SamanthaCombsWrites.blogspot.com
Children's Book Writers of Los Angeles - CBW-LA.org  Everyone is this group is amazing.
Linda Pierce
Diane Sepulveda Robinson
Susana Montano
Joanie Harmon
Lynne M
Carmen Rodrigues - CarmenRodrigues.com
Arlee Bird - Tossingitout.blogspot.com

Keep writing, sharing and growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment